44th C.R. Miller Junior Match Play Invitational
Conducted by the Western Pennsylvania Golf Association
Played for the Charles R. Miller Trophy
Monday & Tuesday, July 10-11, 2017
Fox Chapel Golf Club, Pittsburgh, PA
FORMAT: Four (4) rounds of match play.
ELIGIBILITY: Entries are open to junior golfers who have not reached their nineteenth birthday by July 10, 2017 and reside in the Western Pennsylvania district as of April 1, 2017. The championship will be limited to 16 players and the Committee will select the most representative field. Players may submit a summary of playing record for committee review. Summaries must be received by Wednesday, June 28, 2017, to be considered.
1. Any junior golfer making the cut at the 2017 West Penn Amateur Championship.
2. Any junior finishing in the top 15 of the 2017 WPGA Spring Stroke Play.
3. U.S. Junior Amateur Sectional Qualifier, U.S. Amateur Sectional Qualifier, U.S. Open Local Qualifier.
4. Top 3 and ties at 2017 West Penn Junior Championship
5. Winner 2017 West Penn Boys Ages 14 & 15 Championship
6. Top 5 and ties Pennsylvania Junior Championship
7. Previous WPGA Junior Player of the Year, West Penn Junior or C.R. Miller Champions who still meet eligibility requirements.
8. Westmoreland County Golf Association and Erie District Golf Association 2017 Junior Champions based on eligibility.
9. PGA Junior Championship Qualifier at Fox Run based on eligibility.
10. Additional invitations at the discretion of the Committee.
The WPGA reserves the right to forgo a player invitation, even if the meets the invitation criteria, if the player engages in conduct detrimental to the integrity and image of the game of golf and/or public confidence in the WPGA during the 2016 season. Such conduct may include but is not limited to, damage to the golf course or the players’ equipment, verbal or physical abuse of spectators, officials, volunteers or staff, blatant and excessive profanity, disorderly behavior, failure to abide by club/course rules or any other unbecoming conduct.
EXEMPT PLAYERS: Hunter Bruce, Skyler Fox, Mark Goetz, Cole Hughes, Palmer Jackson, Adam Lauer, Jason Li, Gregor Meyer, Luke Minsky, Louis Olsakovsky, Brady Pevarnik, Christopher Tanabe
EXEMPTIONS: 2017 WPGA Frank B. Fuhrer Williamson Cup Team – Winner (based on age eligibility)
AWARDS: A trophy will be awarded to the winning player and runner-up. The C.R. Miller is a WPGA Junior Honor Roll and Williamson Cup Team points event. Please see the Honor Roll Center for applicable points table.
PRACTICE & CADDIES: Information on practice rounds will be distributed after the starting field has been determined. The practice range will open at 7:00 AM the morning of the competition proper. A parent, stepparent, or guardian may not serve as a caddie. The club does offer caddies. All practice round and caddie fees are the responsibility of the player.
ENTRIES (Fee & Closing Date): Entry and fee of $45.00 must be submitted to the Association by 5:00 P.M. E.D.T., by Wednesday, July 5, 2017, to be considered. Entry fee includes: Greens Fees, Range Fee, Locker Fee, Trophies and lunch between rounds each day for the championship proper.
- Online registration – Players must enter online at www.wpga.org. Players must have a valid e-mail address and a WPGA account to register online. Player accounts can be created here, by contacting the WPGA at 412-826-2180, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with name, address, and e-mail address included. Online entries may be paid by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card. American Express is not accepted by the WPGA.
- Additional registration options – Entry forms will only be accepted in person at the WPGA office. Make check or money order payable to Western Pennsylvania Golf Association. Entries will not be accepted via telephone.
The committee reserves the right to accept late entries. Late entries will only be accepted via online entry, and these entries will be placed on a waiting list to fill spots if they become available. A fee of $20.00 will be required for all late entries.
Entry fee will be refunded with a $10.00 service charge for withdrawals before the close of entries. Withdrawals after the close of entries will be subject to a $20.00 service charge. No refunds will be issued to withdrawals after 5:00 PM two days prior to the championship proper.
REGULATIONS AND INFORMATION:
- Players must walk during the championship.
- Players may bring their own caddies to the championship. A parent, stepparent, or guardian may not serve as a caddie.
- Players may carry their own bags during the championship.
- It is a condition of competition that shoes with traditionally designed spikes, regardless of composition, or spikes comprised either entirely or partially of metal, regardless of design, are prohibited during the championship.
- Play will be governed by the USGA Rules of Golf, conditions stated on the WPGA Rules of Play card, and other Local Rules as distributed on the starting tee.
- Proper attire is mandatory in all phases of the championship. Shirts with collars and sleeves are required. Shorts of Bermuda length or longer are acceptable.
- A tie for first place shall be decided immediately upon completion of play with a hole-by-hole playoff.
- Players falsifying a Handicap Index may be subject to indefinite suspension from WPGA Championships.
- Starting times and other information will be available on the WPGA website approximately one week before the championship. Players unable to retrieve starting times should call the WPGA office (412-826-2180).
NOTICE: By submission of this entry, I agree to the following:
- I have read and understand the entry requirements and championship regulations.
- I agree that there are certain risks inherent in golf and accept personal and sole liability for such risks including but not limited to health risks.
- This entry is subject to rejection at any time (including during the Championship) by the WPGA. The reason may include unbecoming conduct.
- The WPGA may reject an entry application, revoke an accepted application, expel from a Championship and/or suspend a player from future championships if the player engages in conduct detrimental to the integrity and image of the game of golf and/or public confidence in the WPGA. Such conduct may include but is not limited to, damage to the golf course or the players’ equipment, verbal or physical abuse of spectators, officials, volunteers or staff, blatant and excessive profanity, disorderly behavior, failure to abide by club/course rules or any other unbecoming conduct.
- Responsibility for ensuring entry is received by the WPGA prior to the specified deadline is mine alone and that this application may be automatically rejected by the WPGA if received by after such date and time.
- Risk of delay or error in transmission is solely with me and that the WPGA has no liability with respect to any such delay or error and the consequences there from, including the entry not being accepted.
- Any player under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian agree to the WPGA terms and conditions for minors before their application will be accepted. Parental consent can be done by checking the appropriate box during online registration. If you need additional information please contact the Association office (412-826-2180).