2014 WPGA Scholarship Fund Golf Outing
Monday, April 21, 2014
Oakmont Country Club • Oakmont, PA
ELIGIBILITY: Entries are open to groups of four (4)players. In the event of a full field, groups will be placed on a waiting list in the order the entries are received. The field shall be limited to 30 groups.If one or two golfers wish to participate and are not part of a group, please contact the Association office and groups will be created on a space availablebasis at a cost of $1,000.00 per player.
ENTRIES: Entries will open at 10:00 AM on Monday,March 10, 2014. All entries and fee of $4,000.00 per group must reach the Association office by 5:00 P.M. E.D.T., on Wednesday, April 2, 2014, to be considered.
A. Online registration – Players must enter online on the WPGA website. Players must have a valid email address and a WPGA account to register online. Player accounts can be created on the WPGA website, by contacting the WPGA at 412-826-2180, or by emailing the Association with name,address, and e-mail address included. Online entries may be paid by Visa,MasterCard, or Discover Card.
B. Additional registration options – Entry forms will only be accepted in person at the WPGA office. Make check or money order payable to WPGA Scholarship Fund.
The committee reserves the right to accept late entries.Late entries will only be accepted via online entry, and these entries will be placed on a waiting list to fill spots if they become available. A fee of$50.00 will be required for all late entries.
Entry fee will be refunded with a $100.00 service charge for withdrawals before the close of entries. Withdrawals after the close of entries(4/2/14 at 5:00 PM) will only be accepted provided there is a group of four on the Waiting List able to participate.
In the event that conditions on April 21 result in thecourse not being playable or otherwise unavailable, the per person refund willbe $500.
REGULATIONS AND INFORMATION:
A. Caddies will be provided by Oakmont Country Club and are included in the registration fee.
B. Carts will only be available for medical conditions. Please forward appropriate information to the Association office prior to the event. Please note that due to weather conditions golf carts may not be available on the day of the event.
C. It is a condition of this event that shoes with traditionally designed spikes, regardless of composition, or spikes comprised either entirely or partially of metal, regardless of design, are prohibited.
D. Proper attire is mandatory in all phases of the championship. Shirts with collars and sleeves are required. Shorts of Bermuda length or longer are acceptable.
E. Hole assignments will be available on the WPGA website approximately one week before the event.
PRIZES: Prizes will consist of credits in Oakmont Country Club's golf shop and will consist of skill prizes.
NOTICE: By submission of this entry, I agree to the following:
• I have read and understand the entry requirements and championship regulations.
• I agree that there are certain risks inherent in golf and accept personal and sole liability for such risks including but not limited to health risks.
• This entry is subject to rejection at any time (including during the event)by the WPGA. The reason may include unbecoming conduct.
• Responsibility for ensuring entry is received by the WPGA prior to the specified deadline is mine alone and that this application may be automatically rejected by the WPGA if received after such date and time.
• Risk of delay or error in transmission is solely with me and that the WPGA has no liability with respect to any such delay or error and the consequences there from, including the entry not being accepted.
• Entries for players under 18 years of age must be completed by a parent or guardian.
• Any player under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian agree to the WPGA terms and conditions for minors before their application will be accepted. Parental consent signatures can be found on the bottom of the entry form or by checking the appropriate box during online registration. If you need additional information please contact the Association office (412-826-2180).
• I understand the Scholarship Committee has complete discretion in accepting and rejecting entries with any criteria it determines.