113th Amateur Championship
Conducted by Western Pennsylvania Golf Association
Played for the W.C. Fownes Trophy
Monday & Tuesday, July 1 & 2, 2013
Butler Country Club - Butler, PA
Eligibility: Entries are open to amateur golfers with a Handicap Index not exceeding 6.4 strokes as follows:
A. Amateur golfers that are affiliated with a WPGA Member Club as of May 1, 2013.
B. Amateur golfers residing in the Western Pennsylvania district as of April 1, 2013.
**Players Exempt from Preliminary Qualifying - See Exemption Categories Below**
David Brown, Ian Bangor, Erik Bertrand, Rick Baloh, Rob Cimarolli, Arnold Cutrell, Ron Coleman, Anthony DeGol, David DeNunzio, Ronald DeNunzio, Rich DuCarme, Jeff Dyer, Frank Fairman, Artie Fink, Jr., Perry Graciano, Michael Klaric, III, Sean Knapp, Evan Lestini, Erik Lenyk, Tom Nettles, Gregor Orlando, Greg Podufal, Ross Pringle, Brock Pompeani, Easton Renwick, Chad Rittle, Brent Rodgers, Paul Schlachter, Bennett Smith, Nathan Smith, William Smith, Rick Stimmel
Entries (Form, Fee, Closing Date): All entries and fee of $120.00 must reach the Association office by 5:00 P.M. E.D.T., on Wednesday, June 5, 2013, to be considered.
A. Online registration - Online registration - Players may enter online at www.wpga.org. Players must have a valid e-mail address and a WPGA account to register online. Player accounts can be created at www.wpga.org, by contacting the WPGA at 412-826-2180, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with name, address, and e-mail address included. Online entries may be paid by Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Card.
B. Entry from registration – Players may enter using this form. Send completed application and fee to the Western Pennsylvania Golf Association. Make check or money order payable to Western Pennsylvania Golf Association. Do not send cash.
The committee reserves the right to accept late entries. Late entries must use this form, and these entries will be placed on an alternates list to fill spots if they become available. A fee of $50.00 must accompany all late entries. No late entries will be accepted on or after the date of the first qualifier.
Entry fee will be refunded with a $15.00 service charge for withdrawals before the close of entries. Withdrawals after the close of entries will be subject to a $25.00 service charge.
Format: 18 holes of stroke play for qualifying rounds. 54 holes of stroke play for championship. The championship will be limited to 78 players. See schedule below.
Preliminary Qualifying Rounds
A. June 19 – Lone Pine Country Club, Washington
B. June 19 – The Country Club of Meadville, Meadville
C. June 20 – The Pennhills Club, Bradford
D. June 24 – Latrobe Elks Golf Club, Latrobe
E. June 25 – Scotch Valley Country Club, Hollidaysburg
Contestants may enter one qualifying round only.
Championship at Butler Country Club
A. Monday, June 18 – 36 holes of stroke play.
B. Tuesday, June 19 – 18 holes of stroke play for the low 32 and ties, or anyone within seven strokes of the leader, after 36 holes.
Regulations and Information:
A. Players must walk at both the qualifying and championship sites.
B. Players may bring their own caddies to any phase of the championship.
C. Players may carry their own bags during all phases of the championship.
D. Shoes with traditionally designed spikes, regardless of composition, or spikes comprised either entirely or partially of metal, regardless of design, are prohibited.
E. Play will be governed by The Rules of Golf, conditions stated on the WPGA Rules of Play card, and other Local Rules as posted.
F. Proper attire is mandatory in all phases of the championship. Shirts with collars and sleeves are required. Shorts of Bermuda length or longer are acceptable.
G. In the event of a tie for the last qualifying places in preliminary qualifying rounds, or a tie for first place at the championship, a hole-by-hole playoff will be conducted immediately after completion of the round.
H. Players failing to return scores within twelve (12) strokes of the USGA Course Rating at qualifying sites may have future entries declined, unless the contestant can document he is capable of competing at the championship level.
I. Players falsifying a Handicap Index may be subject to indefinite suspension from WPGA Championships.
J. Qualifying-round alternates have no status at the championship site until they are officially accepted into the starting field.
K. Starting times and other information for qualifying rounds and the championship will be available on the WPGA web site approximately one week before qualifying rounds and the championship. Players unable to retrieve starting times should call the WPGA office (412-826-2180).
Prizes: A trophy will be awarded to the winning player. Prizes will be awarded to the top third of the starting field. Prizes will consist of credits in the host club’s golf shop.
Exemptions from Preliminary Qualifying Rounds
1. West Penn Amateur Champions – 2008-2012
2. West Penn Mid-Am Champions – 2009-2013
3. Pennsylvania Amateur Champions – 2008-2012
4. Pennsylvania Middle-Amateur Champions – 2008-2012
5. WPGA Junior Champions – 2011-2012
6. WPGA Senior Amateur Champion – 2011-2012
7. Jamison Cup Medalist – 2012
8. WPGA Spring Stroke Play winner – 2013
9. WPGA Public Links Champion – 2012 and 2013
10. EDGA Amateur Stroke Play Champion - 2012
11. Top ten and ties – 2012 West Penn Amateur
12. Top ten and ties – 2012 Pennsylvania Amateur
13. Top five and ties – 2013 West Penn Mid-Amateur
14. Low amateur in 2012 & 2013 West Penn Open, any amateur in top ten
15. WPGA Honor Roll, Top 10 – 2012
16. Local/Sectional Qualifiers – 2013 USGA Open and 2013 USGA APL Championship
17. Match Play qualifiers – 2012 USGA Championships
18. Palmer Cup team members (amateurs)
19. Frank Fuhrer III Collegiate Player(s) of the Year – 2011-2012
20. Butler Country Club, club champion—2012
21. Collegiate golfers identified by the Championship Committee.
22. Other exemptions at Championship Committee discretion.
Notice: By submission of this entry, I agree to the following:
* I have read and understand the entry requirements and championship regulations.
* I agree that there are certain risks inherent in golf and accept personal and sole liability for such risks including but not limited to health risks.
* This entry is subject to rejection at any time (including during the Championship) by the WPGA. The reason may include unbecoming conduct.
* Responsibility for ensuring this application is received by the WPGA prior to the specified deadline is mine alone and that this application may be automatically rejected by the WPGA if received by after such date and time.
* Risk of delay or error in transmission is solely with me and that the WPGA has no liability with respect to any such delay or error and the consequences there from, including the entry not being accepted.
* Any player under 18 years of age must have the WPGA Parental Consent Form filed before their application will be accepted. Parental consent forms can be found on the WPGA website in the appropriate tournament information or by contacting the Association office (412-826-2180).
For more information on the championship, please visit the West Penn Amateur Championship home page.