37th Boys Championship
Conducted by Western Pennsylvania Golf Association
Played for the James "Skip" Potts Trophy (Ages 15 & Under)
Played for the James Simons Trophy (Ages 13 & Under)
Friday, June 28, 2013
South Hills Country Club - Pittsburgh, PA
Entries (Form, Fee, Closing Date): All entries and fee of $35.00 must reach the Western Pennsylvania Golf Association office by 5:00 P.M. E.D.T., on Wednesday, June 19, 2013, to be considered.
A. Online registration - Players may enter online at www.wpga.org. Players must have a valid e-mail address and a WPGA account to register online. Player accounts can be created at www.wpga.org, by contacting the WPGA at 412-826-2180, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with name, address, and e-mail address included. Online entries may be paid by Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Card.
B. Entry form registration – Players may enter using this form. Send completed application and fee to the Western Pennsylvania Golf Association. Make check or money order payable to Western Pennsylvania Golf Association. Do not send cash.
The committee reserves the right to accept late entries. Late entries must use this form, and these entries will be placed on an alternates list to fill spots if they become available. A fee of $20.00 must accompany all late entries.
Entry fee will be refunded with a $15.00 service charge for withdrawals before the close of entries. Withdrawals after the close of entries will be subject to a $25.00 service charge.
Format: 18 holes of stroke play for each division.
A. Division A – Ages 14 and 15, and any player choosing to compete in Division A. Played for the James “Skip” Potts Trophy.
B. Division B – Age 13 and under. Played for the James Simons Trophy.
Regulations and Information:
A. Players must walk during the championship.
B. It is a condition of competition that shoes with traditionally designed spikes, regardless of composition, or spikes comprised either entirely or partially of metal, regardless of design, are prohibited during the championship.
C. Players may bring their own caddies to the championship. A parent, stepparent, or guardian may not serve as a caddie.
D. Players may carry their own bags during the championship.
E. Play will be governed by The Rules of Golf, conditions stated on the WPGA Rules of Play card, and other Local Rules as posted.
F. Proper attire is mandatory at the championship. Shirts with collars and sleeves are required. Shorts of Bermuda length or longer are acceptable.
G. In the event of a tie for the championship in either division, a hole-by-hole playoff will be conducted immediately after completion of the round.
H. Starting times and other information will be available on the WPGA web site approximately one week before the championship. Players unable to retrieve starting times should call the WPGA office (412-826-2180).
Prizes: A trophy will be awarded to the winning player in both divisions.
Notice: By submission of this entry, I agree to the following:
* I have read and understand the entry requirements and championship regulations.
* I agree that there are certain risks inherent in golf and accept personal and sole liability for such risks including but not limited to health risks.
* This entry is subject to rejection at any time (including during the Championship) by the WPGA. The reason may include unbecoming conduct.
* Responsibility for ensuring this application is received by the WPGA prior to the specified deadline is mine alone and that this application may be automatically rejected by the WPGA if received by after such date and time.
* Risk of delay or error in transmission is solely with me and that the WPGA has no liability with respect to any such delay or error and the consequences there from, including the entry not being accepted.
* Players who enter online must file the WPGA Parental Consent Form before their entry will be accepted. Parental consent forms can be found on the WPGA website in the appropriate tournament information or by contacting the WPGA office (412-826-2180).
For more information on the championship, please visit the West Penn Boys Championship home page.