82nd Senior Amateur Championship
Conducted by Western Pennsylvania Golf Association
Played for the Thomas S. Jamison Trophy
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Hannastown Golf Club - Greensburg, PA
Eligibility: Entries are open to amateur golfers who will have reached their 55th birthday as of June 5, 2013 with a Handicap Index not exceeding 12.4 strokes as follows:
1. Amateur golfers that are affiliated with a WPGA Member Club as of May 1, 2013.
2. Amateur golfers residing in the Western Pennsylvania district as of April 1, 2013.
Entries (Form, Fee, Closing Date): All entries and fee of $150.00 must reach the Western Pennsylvania Golf Association office by 5:00 P.M. E.D.T., on Wednesday, May 22, 2013, to be considered.
A. Online registration - Players may enter online at www.wpga.org. Players must have a valid e-mail address and a WPGA account to register online. Player accounts can be created at www.wpga.org, by contacting the WPGA at 412-826-2180, or by e-mailing email@example.com with name, address, and e-mail address included. Online entries may be paid by Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Card.
B. Entry form registration – Players may enter using this form. Send completed application and fee to the Association. Make check or money order payable to Western Pennsylvania Golf Association. Do not send cash.
The committee reserves the right to accept late entries. Late entries must use this form, and these entries will be placed on an alternates list to fill spots if
they become available. A fee of $50.00 must accompany all late entries.
Entry fee will be refunded with a $15.00 service charge for withdrawals before the close of entries. Withdrawals after the close of entries will be subject to a $25.00 service charge.
Format: 36 holes of stroke play for each division.
A. Overall Championship – Ages 55 and over.
B. Super Senior Championship -
Ages 65 and over
The Committee may combine adjacent divisions based on field size. The field will be limited to 78 players, and the Committee reserves the right to select
the most representative field. Players may submit a summary of playing record for committee review with entry form. All summaries received by Wednesday, June 20, 2012, will be considered.
Regulations and Information:
A. Players may use golf carts during the championship. A player not using a golf cart during the championship may request a refund of appropriate fees after completion of play.
B. Players may bring their own caddies to the championship.
C. Players may carry their own bags during the championship.
D. It is a condition of competition that shoes with traditionally designed spikes, regardless of composition, or spikes comprised either entirely or partially of metal, regardless of design, are prohibited during the championship.
E. Play will be governed by The Rules of Golf, conditions stated on the WPGA Rules of Play card, and other Local Rules as posted.
F. Proper attire is mandatory in all phases of the championship. Shirts with collars and sleeves are required. Shorts of Bermuda length or longer are acceptable.
G. In the event of a tie for the championship, a hole-by-hole playoff will be conducted immediately after completion of the round.
H. Players falsifying a Handicap Index may be subject to indefinite suspension from WPGA Championships.
I. Starting times and other information will be available on the WPGA web site approximately one week before the championship.
Players unable to retrieve starting times should call the WPGA office (412-826-2180).
Prizes: A trophy will be awarded to the winning player. Prizes will be awarded in each division. Prizes will consist of merchandise prize credits in the host club’s golf shop.
Notice: By submission of this entry, I agree to the following:
* I have read and understand the entry requirements and championship regulations.
* I agree that there are certain risks inherent in golf and accept personal and sole liability for such risks including but not limited to health risks.
* This entry is subject to rejection at any time (including during the Championship) by the WPGA. The reason may include unbecoming conduct.
* Responsibility for ensuring this application is received by the WPGA prior to the specified deadline is mine alone and that this application may be automatically rejected by the WPGA if received by after such date and time.
* Risk of delay or error in transmission is solely with me and that the WPGA has no liability with respect to any such delay or error and the consequences the.re from, including the entry not being accepted.
For more information on the championship, please visit the West Penn Senior Amateur Championship home page.