SCGA Member Outings: Trump National of Los Angeles
September 26, 2017
If you are not an SCGA member and would like to become one, visit www.scga.org for information on how to join the SCGA and enjoy all the benefits that we offer.
ENTRY DEADLINE: September 19, 2017 at 12:00 pm
ENTRY FEE: $155 (includes golf, cart, & range balls)
GROUP ENTRY: If you would like to register more than one player at a time you may do so by printing out the group entry form and emailing, faxing or mailing it to the SCGA. The group entry form is online at: http://www.scga.org/pdfs/SCGAGroupForm.pdf
SCHEDULE: Tee Times beginning at 7AM (10 minute intervals)
Participant Registration will begin at 6:30AM
CANCELLATIONS / REFUNDS: If participants wish to cancel they may do so by calling or emailing the SCGA Club Services Department at (818) 980-3630 or email@example.com. Please read below the policy for cancellations/refunds have changed for the Member Outing at Trump National.
NOTE THE NEW CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS TERMS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR TRUMP NATIONAL:
Due to contractual terms required by Trump National this event must be played regardless of inclement weather; unless the course is deemed unplayable.
"Refund less$15.00 processing fee if requested prior to September 5, 2017 (Three weeksprior to the event). No refunds will be honored within the three weeksprior to the event."
The SCGA policy on non-member requests to participate in a Member Outings:
If SCGA Members would like to bring a non-SCGA Member, they will be permitted to do so only if there is room for the non-member after the entry closing date. If there is room in the event for the non-member they will be permitted to play at an additional $15 charge. If the site is at capacity, non-members will not be permitted.
Member Outings allow SCGA members to participate in SCGA organized non-competitive golf outings. Member Outings focus on increasing the exposure of the SCGA to more golfers, who may not necessarily participate in SCGA Championship events. The SCGA would like Member Outings to be an opportunity for golfers of all skill ranges to enjoy a fun-filled day of golf with friends at an SCGA member golf course that they may not normally have the chance to play.
Events are open to all members (men and women) of all skill levels, who want to participate in no-pressure golf at a premier course. No Handicap Index required. Bring a group of friends or join us as a single and we’ll pair you with some future friends.
Please note that the each Member Outing will have a dress code in effect that all participants must adhere to. This may include the prohibition of cargo shorts, cargo pants and denim. The dress code will be emailed to each participant with the pairings.
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY:
These include, but are not limited to the following:
1) Willful damage of the golf course or golf course property
2) Club throwing or unnecessary club tossing
3) Offensive or unbecoming language
4) Public criticism of golf course or verbal abuse of SCGA staff, officials, volunteers, host club staff or other contestants
5) Potential endangerment of others
6) Conduct deemed unbecoming
TRUMP NATIONAL OF LOS ANGELES:
Course Architect: Pete Dye/Donald J. Trump
Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles is the pinnacle of the luxury public golf experience. With world renowned restaurants, unmatched service, exclusive amenities, and the most spectacular panoramic Pacific Ocean views, Trump National has no equal.
Located on the luxurious Palos Verdes Peninsula just thirty minutes south of Downtown Los Angeles, Trump National serves as a perfect getaway for the busy executive. Club amenities are second to none. The grand 45,000 square foot clubhouse offers stately locker rooms, a stunning pro-shop, three dining options, secluded conference rooms, and a magnificent grand ballroom.
Trump National is committed to creating a world class course and golf club that combines the sport’s foremost design talent with a keen sense of luxury and exceptional service. At Trump National Golf Club, a round of golf will never be just another round of golf.
Trump National has had a long and colorful history beginning in 1950 as perhaps one of the most spectacular farmlands on the West coast up until the first golf hole was completed in 1999.
· 1950's - The property was used for farming crops.
· 1953 - Edward Zuckerman buys 150 acres on the Palos Verdes Peninsula in unincorporated Los Angeles County.
· 1973 - Zuckerman's proposed development derailed by community opposition.
· 1989 - Land developer Barry Hon allies with Zuckerman family to build a golf course with residential housing.
· 1993 - Proposal denied by California Coastal Commission on grounds that it does not afford enough coastal access.
· April 15, 1994 - Retooled proposal of golf course, now called Ocean Trails, approved.
· January 1998 - Groundbreaking on Ocean Trails Golf Club begins.
· February 28, 1999 - Nine holes completed.
· March 20, 1999 - Celebrity Golf Tournament introduces Ocean Trails to nationally televised audience. July 2 opening date for finished 18-hole course is set.
· June 2, 1999 - Landslide demolishes 18th hole.
· July 2000 - Approval received to open Ocean Trails as a 15-hole golf course.
· October 2000 - Work begins on restoring the 18th hole. Enormous underground retaining wall is installed to prevent further slides.
· November, 2000 - Course opens to the public as "best 15 holes in golf."
· November 26, 2002 - Donald Trump purchases Ocean Trails.
· August 18, 2004 - Ocean Trails Golf Course closes for reconstruction and renovation. Clubhouse facilities remain open.
· January 20, 2006 - Trump National Golf Club officially opens with 18 holes.
1 Ocean Trail Dr.
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
Harbor Fwy (I-110) to end (left on Gaffey St.); continue to 25th St.; right (25th turns into Palos Verdes Dr. South) to Ocean Trails Dr.; left into club.