117th NJSGA Amateur Championship
Presented by Provident Bank
Echo Lake Country Club – Westfield, NJ
July 10-12, 2018 (Tuesday-Thursday)
Entry Fee: $150.00 (includes player’s lunch).
Entries Close: Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 31 - Edgewood C.C., River Vale
Thursday, June 7 - Forsgate C.C. (Banks), Monroe Twp.
Tuesday, June 12 - Watchung Valley G.C., Watchung
(Exempt Player Registration)
Entries open to male amateur golfers who meet ALL of the following:
72-Holes, Stroke Play. Eighteen holes will be played on Tuesday, July 10 and Wednesday, July 11, after which the field will be cut to the low 40 scorers (plus ties). Remaining players will compete on Thursday, July 12 over 36-Holes. The Champion will be the player with the lowest 72-Hole aggregate score. The Championship field will consist of 90 players, including those who are exempt from qualifying (see separate list of exemptions) plus those who advance from three separate 18-Hole Qualifying Rounds (plus ties).
- Entrant must possess UNQUESTIONABLE Amateur Status.
- Entrant meet ALL of these Handicap and Membership Requirements:
- Hold a USGA Handicap Index of 7.0 or less, as of the May 15, 2018 Handicap Revision at a NJSGA member club/course. He must be listed on this club’s Handicap Roster. (To access a list of current NJSGA member clubs and courses, click here.)
- Maintain good standing and remain on the above Handicap Roster through the Championship proper.
- If entering from a public facility, or Club Without Real Estate, entrant must be a permanent resident of New Jersey. Proof of residency may be required.
Transportation: Motorized transportation is PROHIBITED throughout this Championship.
Caddies: Permitted; a player may bring his own caddie – or where available, reserve a club caddie.
Pull/Push Carts: Refer to specific Notice to Players for host club’s policy.
IMPORTANT EQUIPMENT NOTICE - THE GROOVE & PUNCH MARK SPECIFICATIONS (Decision 4-1/1) ARE IN EFFECT FOR THIS COMPETITION. Click here for details.
The Edwin M. Wild Championship Trophy will be presented to the Champion, engraved with his name, and displayed at his home club. Prizes awarded to the top ten finishers.
NJSGA Refund Policy; Conduct & Courtesy Expectations
NJSGA Local Rules & Conditions of Competition 'Hard Card'
FINAL DECISION REGARDING ACCEPTANCE OF ENTRIES IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE NJSGA. THE NJSGA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT OR WITHDRAW AN ENTRY AT ANY TIME, BEFORE OR DURING A COMPETITION OR MODIFY THE CHAMPIONSHIP PROGRAM ANYTIME, IN ITS DISCRETION.
CLICK HERE TO ENTER