92nd Women´s Amateur & 4th Mid-Amateur Championships
Tuesday-Friday, August 1-4, 2017
Somerset Hills Country Club - Bernardsville, NJ
The Women’s Amateur and Women’s Mid-Amateur Championships will be conducted concurrently. The entry fee of $155.00 subsidizes entry into both championships when applicable. A Player age thirty (30) and above (as of August 1, 2017) is also eligible for the Mid-Amateur Championship, and will automatically be placed into both fields unless she notifies the NJSGA otherwise (see below).
Women’s Amateur Championship: A thirty-six (36) hole, Stroke Play qualifying round consisting of eighteen (18) holes on Tuesday, August 1 and eighteen (18) holes on Wednesday, August 2, will determine placement into the Match Play championship flight of sixteen (16) players. Any ties for the final qualifying place(s) into Match Play shall be decided by a hole-by-hole playoff which will begin immediately upon the completion of Wednesday's play. The round of 16 and quarterfinal rounds of Match Play will be held on Thursday, August 3. The semifinal matches and championship match will be held on Friday, August 4. All matches are eighteen (18) holes.
Women’s Mid-Amateur Championship: The thirty-six (36) hole, stroke play qualifying round for the Amateur Championship will coincidentally serve as the Mid-Amateur Championship. The Mid-Amateur Champion will be the player age thirty (30) and above with the lowest 36-hole gross score. Players age thirty (30) and above will automatically be placed into the Mid-Amateur Championship. A Mid-Amateur Player may: 1) Compete in both the Amateur and Mid-Amateur Championships; 2) Compete in only the Mid-Amateur Championship. A player who chooses to compete in only the Mid-Amateur Championship (and not the Match Play portion of the Amateur Championship) must notify the NJSGA no later than the close of entries date which is THURSDAY, JULY 13, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Transportation/Caddie Notice: A player may bring her own caddie, carry her own bag, or reserve a Somerset Hills caddie. If a player wishes to reserve a club caddie, she must do so in advance. Further details will be announced in advance of the Championship.
Motorized transportation is PROHIBITED throughout this Championship.
Entry Fee: $155.00 (includes lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday)
Entries Close: Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Handicap Index Limit: 14.0 (as of July 1, 2017 Handicap Revision)
Entries are open to female amateur golfers who meet ALL if these requirements:
·The player must possess UNQUESTIONABLE Amateur Status, as per USGA standards.
·The player must meet ALL of these Handicap and Membership Requirements:
·The player must possess an ACTIVE and VALID USGA Handicap Index of 14.0 or less, as of the July 1, 2017 Handicap Revision.
· This Handicap Index must be through a NJSGA member club or course (public or private) which is in good standing with the NJSGA. (A player who does not hold an active and valid USGA Handicap Index through a NJSGA member facility is not eligible.)
· The player MUST be in good standing AND appear on the official Handicap roster at the club/course to which she is affiliated at the TIME OF ENTRY. The player must maintain her good standing and remain on the official handicap roster at her member club/course through the Championship(s) proper.
· If the player enters a NJSGA Championship from a public facility, or from a Club Without Real Estate,she MUST be a permanent resident of New Jersey.
· If the player is entering the Mid-Amateur Championship, she must be age thirty (30) or above as of August 1, 2017.
THOSE WHO DO NOT MEET ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS COMPETITION.
FINAL DECISION REGARDING ACCEPTANCE OF ENTRIES IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE NJSGA. THE NJSGA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT OR WITHDRAW AN ENTRY AT ANY TIME, BEFORE OR DURING A COMPETITION OR MODIFY THE CHAMPIONSHIP PROGRAM AT ITS DISCRETION.
PRIOR TO SUBMITTING THIS ENTRY, PLEASE READ ALL RULES, CONDITIONS, AND GUIDELINES WHICH FOLLOW IN THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
** ENTRIES CLOSE THURSDAY, JULY 13th AT 5:00 P.M. **
- All requests for a refund must be initiated by calling the NJSGA Tournament Department at 908-241-GOLF (4653). All refunds will be applied to the credit card which was used for entry.
- For refunds prior to the close of entries: Entry fee will be refunded minus a $25.00 service fee.
- Once entries have been closed, NO REFUNDS shall be issued except in the case of illness or injury as accompanied by a physician's notice.
- No refunds shall be issued for any reason after the conclusion of the championship(s) proper.
- Refunds, in full, will only be issued in the case when a tournament is either postponed, cancelled, or if an entrant does not gain entry into an event due to oversubscription.
CLICK HERE TO ENTER