97th NJSGA Open Championship
Sponsored by The Lincoln Motor Company
Tuesday - Thursday, July 11-13, 2017
Metedeconk National Golf Club - Jackson, NJ
Championship & Qualifying Round Information:
CHAMPIONSHIP: The Championship at Metedeconk National will be 54-Holes, Stroke Play. Eighteen holes will be played on both Tuesday, July 11 and Wednesday, July 12. After the completion of 36-holes, the field will be cut to the low 50 scorers (plus ties). Remaining players will compete on Thursday, July 13 in the final round of 18-holes; the Champion will be the player with the lowest 54-hole aggregate score. In the event of a tie for the Championship, a three-hole aggregate playoff will determine the winner, and should the tie persist, play will continue hole-by-hole until a winner is decided. The Championship field will consist 120 players, including those who are exempt from qualifying (see separate list of exemptions) plus those who advance from four separate one-day, eighteen hole qualifying rounds (plus ties).
QUALIFYING ROUNDS: Each qualifying round is 18-Holes, Stroke-Play. Players may enter only ONE qualifier. The number of players (plus ties) that will advance to the Championship proper will be posted on site. Each qualifying site will be limited to the first 144 players whose entries are received prior to the close of entries. ENTER EARLY; space is limited.
(CLICK HERE FOR EXEMPT PLAYER REGISTRATION)
QUALIFYING ROUND SITES & DATES:
Sea Oaks C.C. - Little Egg Harbor, NJ - Wednesday, June 14
Springdale G.C. - Princeton, NJ - Thursday, June 15
Morris County G.C. - Morristown, NJ - Tuesday, June 20
Knickerbocker C.C. - Tenafly, NJ - Wednesday, June 21
Entry Fee: Amateurs: $175.00; Professionals: $250.00
Entries Close: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Handicap Limit: 5.0 (as of the May 15, 2017 Revision)
Transportation: Motorized transportation and pull carts are PROHIBITED throughout this Championship.
The C.W. Badenhausen Championship Trophy will be awarded to the Champion. Medalist award presented to low qualifier at each qualifying site. Professionals' Championship Purse: $75,000.00.
ENTRIES ARE OPEN TO PROFESSIONAL GOLFERS WHO SATISFY ONE OF THESE REQUIREMENTS (NJSGA WILL VERIFY ALL QUALIFICATIONS):
· Class A (except A-3) Professionals, Assistant Professionals, Apprentices, Life Members, and Master Professionals who are members in good standing of the New Jersey Section of the PGA. Membership will be verified by the NJPGA Office. See below definition of a Golf Professional.
· Class A (except A-3) Professionals, Assistant Professionals, and Apprentices who are members in good standing of the Philadelphia Section of the PGA who are employed full-time as such in the State of New Jersey. See below definition of a Golf Professional.
· All full time Golf Professionals who are employed on a FULL TIME BASIS at a NJSGA member club or course. Employment will be verified by the NJSGA. See below definition of a Golf Professional.
The NJSGA defines a Golf Professional as one who performs the duties of teaching, club repair, merchandising, tournament/handicap administration, etc. for 40 hours per week) at a specific golf facility. Membership with either the New Jersey PGA or Philadelphia PGA will be verified by the NJSGA. Each entrant´s employment status will be verified. Note: Caddie Masters and outside contracted employees are NOT eligible under these criteria. Please consult NJSGA for further clarification.
**- Please note that non-PGA member Professional entrants will be required to provide proof of employment (as defined by the above) at a NJSGA member club. Such proof may include a letter of certification from a club official, and/or record of compensation from that club.
ENTRIES ARE OPEN TO AMATEUR GOLFERS WHO MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
· Amateur must possess UNQUESTIONABLE Amateur Status, as per USGA standards.
· Amateur must meet ALL of these Handicap and Membership Requirements:
o Entrant MUST possess an ACTIVE and VALID USGA Handicap Index of 5.0 or less, as of the MAY 15, 2017 Handicap Revision.
o This Handicap Index must be through a NJSGA Member club or course (public or private) which is in good standing with the NJSGA. (Golfers that do not hold an active and valid Handicap Index through a NJSGA member facility are not eligible.)
o Entrant MUST be in good standing AND appear on the Official Handicap Roster at the Club/Course to which he is affiliated at the TIME OF ENTRY. Entrant must maintain his good standing and remain on the Official Handicap Roster (possess an active and valid USGA Handicap) at his member club/course through the Championship proper.
· If Amateur enters a NJSGA Championship from a public facility or a Club Without Real Estate, he MUST be a permanent resident of New Jersey.
THOSE WHO DO NOT MEET THE ABOVE LISTED RESPECTIVE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS COMPETITION.
FINAL DECISION REGARDING ACCEPTANCE OF ENTRIES IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE NJSGA. THE NJSGA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT OR WITHDRAW AN ENTRY AT ANY TIME, BEFORE OR DURING A COMPETITION OR MODIFY THE CHAMPIONSHIP PROGRAM AT ITS DISCRETION.
PRIOR TO SUBMITTING THIS ENTRY, PLEASE READ ALL RULES, CONDITIONS, AND GUIDELINES WHICH FOLLOW IN THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
** ENTRIES CLOSE TUESDAY, MAY 23rd AT 5:00 PM **
- All requests for a refund must be initiated by calling the NJSGA Tournament Department at 908-241-GOLF (4653). All refunds will be applied to the credit card which was used for entry.
- For refunds prior to the close of entries: Entry fee will be refunded minus a $25.00 service fee.
- Once entries have been closed, NO REFUNDS shall be issued except in the case of illness or injury as accompanied by a physician's notice.
- No refunds shall be issued for any reason after the conclusion of the championship proper.
- Refunds, in full, will only be issued in the case when a tournament is either postponed, cancelled, or if an entrant does not gain entry into an event due to oversubscription.
CLICK HERE TO ENTER