2012 CALIFORNIA AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFYING
La Quinta Country Club
Monday, May 21, 2012
1. REGISTRATION: There will be no formal registration at this event. All players should be at their assigned tee time at least five to seven minutes in advance of their starting time. The SCGA starters will have information to discuss and distribute to each player in the group.
2. STARTING TIMES AND PAIRINGS: Starting times and pairings will be emailed to players and posted online at www.scga.org one week in advance of the qualifier. Starting times will run from 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. All players should be at their assigned tee time at least five to seven minutes in advance of their starting time. The SCGA starters will have information to discuss and distribute to each player in the group. Starters will not page players.
3. FORMAT: All players will participate in an 18-hole qualifying round. A total of 156 players will compete in the 101st California Amateur Championship at La Cumbre Country Club, Monday - Saturday, June 25 - 30, 2012. The final number of qualifying spots will be available from the Committee on the day of play.
4. TEES: Play will be from the CLASSIC tee yardage (74.4 / 135 / 7,047 yards, Par 72).
5. PRACTICE ROUNDS: Players may make arrangements for practice rounds at their own expense.
Call La Quinta to book - (760) 564-4151. Players may call 7 days in advance and practice rounds are only available from May 14th – May 20th. Green fees are $90 including cart.
6. DRIVING RANGE: The driving range will be open at 6:30 a.m. on the morning of the qualifier. Balls will be available on the driving range, compliments of La Quinta CC.
7. LOCKER ROOM: The locker room will be open the day of the qualifier.
8. FOOD SERVICE: The turn and tee house will be open at 6:30 a.m. and will close at the conclusion of play. Cash and reciprocal charges are the only form of payment.
9. PURCHASES: Cash and reciprocal charges are acceptable for food purchases. Reciprocal charges and credit card (Visa and Mastercard only) are the only forms of payment accepted in the golf shop.
10. LODGING OPTIONS:
Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
45-200 Washington St.
La Quinta, CA 92253
11. DIRECTIONS TO CLUB:
La Quinta Country Club
77-750 Avenue 50
La Quinta, CA 92253
Directions: From I-10, take Washington St. exit; south 6 miles to Avenue 50; right 1 mile to club.
CONDITIONS OF THE COMPETITION
1. RULES OF PLAY:
*Play is governed by the USGA Rules of Golf.
*Local Rules in effect will be found on the enclosed SCGA Rules Hard Card and the Local Rules Addendum distributed at the site. Disregard all other club posted local rules including those on the back of the club scorecard.
*Footwear: Metal spikes are not permitted. Penalty for wearing metal spiked shoes is disqualification.
2. DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES AND CELL PHONES:
Distance Measuring Devices (without the capability of measuring slope, wind, etc.) are permitted. A distance-measuring application may be used on a smart phone, provided the specific application is restricted to “distance only” and the device does not have any other “non-conforming” features (such as a compass application on the phone). This is the case even if these other features are not being used. Otherwise, cell phone use is not permitted during the stipulated round.
3. TIES: In the event of a tie for the last qualifying place or an alternate's position, there will be a hole-by-hole playoff immediately following the conclusion of regular play.
4. AUTOMOTIVE TRANSPORTATION: Carts are prohibited during the qualifier. All players, caddies and spectators must walk. Disabled players wishing to request a cart must file a “Disabled Cart Request” form with the SCGA. Forms may be requested from the SCGA Rules and Competitions Department at (800) 554-7242 or email@example.com.
5. PULL CARTS: Players may bring a pull or push cart.
6. CADDIES: Players may provide their own caddie (see section 4 on Automotive Transportation). Caddies must adhere to the dress code listed in section 9 below.
7. SPECTATORS: Spectators are permitted but they must walk and abide by the dress code (see section 8
8. PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT:
By submitting an entry for any SCGA-administered competition, the contestant understands that his/her participation is at the sole discretion of the SCGA. A contestant may be removed from any competition at the discretion of the SCGA staff or Rules and Competitions Committee at any time before or during the competition. Incidents of unbecoming conduct or actions deemed to be detrimental to the image of the SCGA or the “Spirit of the Game” are grounds for such removal and suspension from future SCGA-administered competitions. These include, but are not limited to the following:
1) Willful damage of the golf course or golf course property
2) Club throwing or unnecessary club tossing
3) Offensive or unbecoming language
4) Public criticism of golf course or verbal abuse of SCGA staff, officials, volunteers, host club staff or other contestants
5) Potential endangerment of others
6) Conduct deemed unbecoming
9. DRESS CODE:
Players and caddies must be properly attired in golf shirts, slacks, bermuda-length dress or golf shorts and "soft spike" shoes. Jeans (any color or any kind), denim, cut off shorts, sweatpants, T-shirts and tank tops will not be permitted during any phase of the competition. Hats are to be worn forward at all times. Shirts must be tucked in. Under no circumstances will this attire prohibition be waived for players. ALL CLOTHING MUST BE IN GOOD REPAIR.
To withdraw for any reason prior to the start of an SCGA competition, a player must notify the SCGA Rules and Competitions Department. During business hours (7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) you may call the Rules and Competitions Department at (818) 980-3630. To withdraw on a weekend, or during non-business hours e-mail Jimmy Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a player needs to withdraw on the morning of the event, notify the SCGA staff person through the golf shop staff at the host venue. Failure to notify the SCGA will subject the player to suspension from future SCGA competitions. Requests for refunds prior to the entry closing date will be honored less a $10 administrative fee. Requests received after the closing date and 48 hours prior to the event will be honored less 50% of the entry. No refunds will be honored within 48 hours prior to the event.